Friday, November 25, 2016

Nepal 3 - Mountain Flight

This morning we were off at 05:45 for the short drive to the airport to take a flight over the Himalayas and almost up to Everest.  The weather was a bit iffy so we had to sit around for quite a while before it was decided we could fly.


It cost US$200 each but you were guaranteed a window seat; in fact it was very similar to one of the small planes we caught in Africa – 1 seat on the left and 2 on the right (but only one occupied).  We were Row 10 right at the back and the views of the mountains were just unbelievable.

We took it in turns to go into the cockpit and see Everest more or less head on NB: Lady Pilot.


 Al – it’s definitely this one :)



My attempt at creativity clearly didn't quite work.


There were lots of other mountains to see but I won’t bore you with the photos

Once we’d all seen Everest the stewardess brought round small glasses of Champagne which was a nice touch.

The only problem we had was on the way back with the Germans who pinched our seats whilst we were in the cockpit and one really irritating *** who persistently stood over me and tried to shoot though my window.  In the end I had to say something and pointed out that I hadn’t invaded his space when the mountains were on his side.  I didn’t mention “The War”!

As we got off we were all presented with a Certificate